Buying and Selling Property
Brittons Solicitors can provide a conveyancing service which will include:
- A review of the contract or drafting of the contract for you, including advice on the contract and negotiation any special conditions
- Liaising with your real estate agents, and mortgage provider
- Discussing with you the various searches that must be undertaken and suggest additional searches. We can help to organise the searches, inspections and general enquiries needed to make sure that you are buying what you think. Report to you on those searches and any problems or issues that you should be aware of before completing the purchase of your new property.
- Providing clear guidance on what costs you will pay including stamp duty on the contract
- Assisting you in meeting the lender’s requirements including discharging existing mortgages on sales and calculating settlement figures.
- Making all settlement arrangements
- Registering your interests as the new owner where applicable.
Commercial Conveyancing & Leasing
Every business needs appropriate premises to allow them to operate and grow their enterprise, but once you have signed the lease – if something goes wrong – resolving the problem can be costly. Brittons solicitors also offer full commercial conveyancing services to landlords and tenants of commercial or retail shop leases, including drafting, negotiating and arranging of registration of leases.
We can help you ensure that any issues that you have discussed and agreed such as outgoings, landlord obligations, what uses are permitted and access to the property are reflected in the wording of the final lease document and understood by both parties.
Brittons’ property legal team experts can assist you in all matters relating to commercial property, you can make an appointment to have a land contract or lease contract reviewed before signing it, we can give you a clear indication of your position and offer expert advice on what steps you ened to take and how best to proceed.
No property transaction is exactly the same and our fees will reflect the individual circumstances of your sale and/or purchase. Typically, our fees for conveyancing start from £600 (including VAT) per property and rise to £2000 (including VAT). To this we also have to add Land Registry fees (typically £12), search fees (typically £50) and any other expenses which we may incur in the course of the transaction, all of which we will discuss with you before incurring. Remember that you will also have to pay your estate agent and Stamp Duty Land Tax if you are selling.